Friday, March 25, 2011

It's that time...

Well, she's not doing any better. She even peed on the couch she sleeps on this morning, and I don't remember the last time she's had an accident. She's barely able to walk. I called the vet and am taking her in at 10:45. We told Alex this morning that she was probably going to die soon and he should give her an extra big hug before going to school, and it broke my heart when he started crying, saying he didn't want her to die because he loves her. But as all 4 year olds do, he got over it quickly. He never did give her a hug or anything, though. So Penel and I are going to have some quality snuggle time before it's time to leave. I know it's the right thing to do, to put her out of her misery, but every time she perks up about something, it makes me question the decision. But I know that she's in pain and hurting and that dragging it out isn't going to do anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment